Dental Technology in Jacksonville Beach
and Ponte Vedra Beach
What Is Dental Technology?
Dental technology has revolutionized dentistry and orthodontics. We use many forms of technology in our practice to provide the best possible treatment for our patients. Technology not only improves the quality of orthodontic treatment, but it makes treatment more comfortable for our patients.
Benefits of Dental Technology
Dental technology offers many benefits in orthodontics:
- Better diagnostics. Diagnostic equipment is more advanced than ever before, allowing us to diagnose orthodontic conditions and create a plan for treatment with greater ease and more effective results.
- Improved patient understanding. Technology allows us to explain treatment plans, both to patients and parents with a higher level of understanding.
- Faster processes. Technology has expedited many processes in orthodontic diagnostics and treatment, which allows you to spend less time waiting in our office. It has also reduced total treatment time for many patients.
- Safer procedures. Digital X-rays use a fraction of the radiation that was used for film X-Rays, making the process safer for our patients.
- Organization and confidentiality. Electronic record keeping allows us to keep patient information organized and confidential.
We provide the following dental technologies:
- Cone Beam Scanner 3D Imaging. Using a cone-shaped beam, this scanner can create 3D images of the patient’s jaw and face to determine what treatment is needed.
- 3D Digital Impressions. Impressions of the teeth are now created digitally, which patients prefer over the messy trays of plaster that were used in the past.
- Digital X-Ray. Digital X-Rays provide instant images using less radiation than film X-Rays that take time to develop.
- Digital Intraoral Cameras. These cameras are attached to a wand that can be moved around inside the patient’s mouth to provide a live video image. Patients are able to see their own teeth in a way they can’t in the mirror to better understand the corrections that need to be made.
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR). We keep electronic medical records that allow us to access and update them instantly, which is convenient. They are also safely stored in secure databases for your confidentiality.
- Digital Flat Screen Monitors. Flat screen monitors at every chair allow us to show our patients and their parents the images we create.
Why Choose The Brace Place?
Technology is one way we differentiate ourselves from other orthodontic practices. We keep up to date with current technological advancements that can improve our patients’ experience and allow us to deliver top quality orthodontic treatment. Dr. Goldknopf, our board certified orthodontist, and our staff are trained in the use of all technological equipment for efficient and safe use. Our patient-centered approach is the motivation behind our technological advancements, as we believe it is our responsibility to provide the best possible care available.