Which Orthodontic Treatment in Ponte Vedra and Jacksonville Beach, FL, Is Right for Me
Need orthodontic treatment? Orthodontists help straighten your smile and improve your bite by correcting how your jaws line up and how your teeth fit together. Led by orthodontist, Dr. Josh Goldknopf, The Brace Place (offices in Ponte Vedra, and Jacksonville Beach, FL) offers orthodontic treatments to their patients. Today, many teeth straightening options are available. Making the right choice is important. The following information will help you navigate your options and choose the right treatment for you.
1. Metal Braces. The most inexpensive type of dental braces are the stainless steel versions. Metal dental braces are a very effective teeth straightening method. Obviously, the drawback to wearing traditional dental braces is how noticeable they are. traditional dental braces hold a thin wire in place with bands to put pressure on your teeth and move them into the desired position.
2. Lingual Braces. For some adults, wearing metal braces for years is not the ideal option in professional or social situations. Lingual dental braces are gaining popularity because of their aesthetic advantages. Lingual dental braces are placed on the back of your teeth. The teeth are moved into the desired position without the front-facing metal wires and brackets most people don't care to wear.
3. Ceramic Braces. Ceramic braces are a popular alternative to traditional braces. Ceramic braces are less noticeable and look more natural than traditional braces, as they blend in with your teeth. They are as strong as metal braces, but they also require a longer treatment time and can be more expensive. Ceramic braces are less likely to cause discomfort or irritate your gums than traditional braces.
4. Invisalign. Invisalign treatment is the clear alternative to traditional braces. The transparent aligner trays are custom-built for a tight fit. You'll get a new set of aligners every few weeks to continue moving your teeth into the desired position. Invisalign aligner trays are removable, so you need to change the way you floss and brush. And, you can continue to eat all your favorite foods.
5. Retainers. Orthodontic retainers are used near the end of a course of orthodontic treatment. An orthodontic retainer holds straightened teeth in place while the surrounding gums and bone adjust to their new position. It's likely there will be some tooth movement if you stop wearing your orthodontic retainer. The only way to maintain your new look is to wear an orthodontic retainer on a part-time basis for life.
Have a smile that radiates beauty. Gain confidence and quality of life. Orthodontic treatment will do you and your smile a world of good. Call your orthodontist at The Brace Place at (904) 222-8588 today to schedule a consultation in Ponte Vedra or Jacksonville Beach, FL, and get the smile you deserve.