Few of us are blessed with smiles that are naturally straight, even, and picture-perfect. While some dental imperfections, like yellowing, can be fixed with cosmetic dentistry procedures, teeth with gaps or misalignments may require the help of an orthodontist. Here at The Brace Place Orthodontics in both Jacksonville Beach and Ponte Vedra, FL, Josh Goldknopf, DDS, PA is an expert in creating great grins, and braces could be the perfect solution. Here are some signs that you may be a good candidate for braces:
- Crooked teeth: Teeth that are slanted forward, backward, or sideways not only can create discomfort, but they can also negatively impact the appearance of your smile.
- Crowded teeth: Teeth that are tightly packed together can create pressure on your mouth and make dental hygiene, especially flossing, difficult. It can also inhibit any still-erupting teeth from coming in properly.
- Difficulty biting and chewing: If your teeth are misaligned, you may find yourself biting your lips or cheeks when eating, leading to bleeding or sores on your gums.
- Over or underbite: If your bottom or top teeth jut outward or inward, you may find yourself putting extra wear-and-tear on your teeth, not to mention feeling discomfort or self-conscious about your smile.
- Shifting jaw: If you have jaw pain, it could be caused by the positioning of your teeth.
Braces can solve any of the issues listed above comfortably, efficiently, and permanently. In around one-to-three years, braces (available in both traditional metal and clear bracket forms) can straighten and properly space your teeth. Post-treatment, you will find that eating, brushing, and flossing are all easier, and will feel confident showing off your smile to the world!
Interested? Give us a call
Dial 904-249-0037 to schedule a consultation at either of our locations in Jacksonville Beach or Ponte Vedra, FL. Call today to see if braces are the right fit for you!