Looking for an ideal solution to fix your teen’s particular orthodontic issue, minus the use of traditional metal brackets and wires? Invisalign just might be the solution. Invisalign treatment involves the process of wearing a set of clear aligners that effectively straighten the teeth over time. The use of comfortable and inconspicuous thermoplastic aligners will allow your teen to thrive and maintain their self-confidence throughout treatment.
You can consult with our orthodontist, Dr. Josh Goldknopf, here at The Brace Place Orthodontics in our Jacksonville Beach, FL, or Ponte Vedra, FL, office to if Invisalign will work for your teen. Meanwhile, here are some vital things to know about Invisalign.
Who Invisalign is For
It is often presumed that Invisalign can only treat people with minor alignment issues, however, that is not the case. It can also work to correct moderate to major orthodontic issues such as the following:
- Overcrowding teeth
- Open bite
- Misaligned teeth
- Gapped teeth
But the only way to determine your candidacy for treatment is through a thorough evaluation of your issues with your orthodontist in our Jacksonville Beach, FL, or Ponte Vedra, FL, office.
How The Invisalign Process Works
Your teen will undergo an oral examination performed by your orthodontist to determine his or her exact orthodontic or dental needs. Next, your orthodontist will take digital impressions of your teen’s teeth to construct a precise treatment plan—which will dictate the specific measure of time and force the teeth will need for correction.
Why Invisalign is Worth it
Invisalign treatment comes with multiple advantages:
- The Invisalign aligners fit perfectly around the teeth. They are non-invasive, flexible, and offer a smooth feel. They’re also easy to grow accustomed to, as only gradual amounts of force will be exerted on the teeth during the treatment period.
- Since the aligners are detachable, your teen can go about their usual activities like eating freely, participating in sports, or practicing proper dental hygiene.
- Extra Features. Invisalign trays for teenagers include special features that are created to make up for when second premolars, molars, or canines grow out.
- Virtually Invisible. The aligners are almost transparent. They are designed from a clear BPA-free thermoplastic material. Given that they’re practically invisible, it enables your teen to smile brightly without having to be conscious of their appearance while wearing them.
- Improved Dental Health. Because the aligners are removable, they can easily be cleaned so that potentially harmful bacteria are not given the chance to thrive inside your teen’s mouth. Furthermore, correctly positioned or aligned teeth result in great overall oral health.
- Time-Saving. Typically, in-office maintenance is required only every six weeks. This will save loads of time for you and your teen.
- Quick Results. During the initial weeks of treatment, changes in the teeth start to become noticeable. Compared to other teeth alignment options, Invisalign treatment can be completed in a year or so, depending on your teen’s specific misalignment issues.
To Learn More About Invisalign and How It Can Benefit Your Teen, Call Us
Arrange an assessment with your orthodontist, Dr. Josh Goldknopf, here at The Brace Place Orthodontics in our Jacksonville Beach, FL, or Ponte Vedra, FL, office by dialing (904) 222-8588.